- Make a difference in the lives of children and their families
- Kindergarten located short walk to Melton Primary School
- Up to 60% discount on childcare fees for Uniting employees
About the opportunity
Are you looking to join a workplace that provides a positive and supportive culture, training opportunities and rewarding work? Do you want to make a real difference in the lives of children and their families?
We are seeking an Early Childhood Educator for our Melton kindergarten located at the Melton Uniting Church, behind the Melton Valley Golf Club, a short walk to the local primary school.
Read more about our Melton kindergarten here.
This part-time maternity leave position is for 35 hours per fortnight across three days.
As a Certificate III Early Childhood Educator, you will be an active team member of a team that provides high quality early childhood education and care to children. This includes:
- Developing strong relationships with children at the service
- Assist with the implementation of a play-based learning environment responsive to children’s interest, strengths, and abilities
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of programs which reflect the emerging skills and interests of children
- Developing strong relationships that support and partner with families, and the community
- Complying with the Uniting Early Learning policies and procedures
- Working with other staff towards continuous improvement in the service’s operations.
View the full position description here.
What’s on offer
Join an organisation where we don’t just provide a service. We use our connections, our size, our scale, and our knowledge to push into places where we feel like we should be doing more.
In addition to an hourly rate, leave loading and superannuation, you will have access to salary packaging benefits. We also offer up to 60% staff discount on childcare through Uniting and access to 10 weeks paid parental leave.
There is also the option to increase your annual leave entitlements through our purchased leave program.
To be successful in this role, you will have a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent, relevant experience in early childhood sector and knowledge of the statutory requirements related to Early Years.
You also must be able to work across 3 days and have some flexibility with hours.
How to apply
Click APPLY to submit your interest and we’ll be in touch shortly. We’ll be reviewing applications as they come through as we’re keen to engage with someone.
If you’ve questions about the opportunity, please contact Cathie Coles – Early Learning Program Manager via email@example.com.
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. We have a 5,000 strong workforce of employees and volunteers who deliver a diverse range of services across Victoria and Tasmania.
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.