Senior Carer Recruitment and Support Worker
Job no: 514659
Work type: Permanent Part Time
Categories: Child, Youth and Families
- Salary packaging options to increase take home pay
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- Part time (9 days per fortnight) | Ongoing
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Carer Recruitment and Support Worker to join our Home Based Care Program. The program delivers support services to children and young people aged 0-18 years and their families in a foster care arrangement.
As a Senior Carer Recruitment and Support Worker, you will:
- Lead all functions in relation to carer training, recruitment and support for the region
- Conduct comprehensive interviews and screening processes for potential foster carers under the ‘Step by Step’ accreditation framework
- Prepare assessment reports and put forward recommendations regarding suitability for accreditation
- Provide ongoing supervision, training and support to carers
- Uphold program compliance and audit requirements
Click here to view the full positions description.
What’s on offer
Join an organisation where we don’t just provide a service. We use our connections, our size, our scale, and our knowledge to push into places where we feel like we should be doing more.
In addition to a salary and superannuation, you’ll also receive 17.5% leave loading and access to the full $15,900 salary packaging benefits to increase your take home pay. We also offer paid parental leave to eligible employees (up to 10 weeks for primary carers and up to 2 weeks for secondary carers). As well as offering a 10% discount on Kindergarten and Childcare at Uniting Early Learning Services.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a tertiary qualification in Social Work or equivalent which is preferred. A Diploma level qualification in Community Services will be considered with relevant experience.
You will also have:
- Training in the 'Step by Step' accreditation framework
- An understanding of the Best Interests Case Practice Model and Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
- Sound risk assessment and risk management skills
- Ability to develop comprehensive reports, service documents and maintain case notes in a timely manner
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
How to apply
Apply today by uploading the following as part of your application and we’ll be in touch shortly:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the person specification in the position description)
- Current resume
Applications will be assessed as they come through as we’re keen to engage with someone. Please note interviews may take place prior to applications closing so please do not delay in submitting your application.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Gillian Harris-Dawson – Manager, Preservation & Reunification on 0468 672 234 (during business hours).
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. We have a 5,000 strong workforce of employees and volunteers who deliver a diverse range of services across Victoria and Tasmania.
Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now