Job no: 514635
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: Sale, Gippsland
Categories: Crisis and Homelessness
- 1 x Full Time | Ongoing
- 1 x Full Time | Maximum term to 30 June 2024
- Salary packaging options to increase take home pay
- Paid parental leave + 10% discount on Kindergarten and Childcare
About the opportunity
The Homelessness Worker will provide a range of accommodation and support services to people who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness.
The broad aim of the role from a housing provision perspective is to provide short-term housing assistance to individuals and families in crisis as a result of homelessness or impending homelessness.
The program also provides tenancy administration for both transitional and crisis housing.
Click here to view the full position description.
What’s on offer
Join an organisation where we don’t just provide a service. We use our connections, our size, our scale, and our knowledge to push into places where we feel like we should be doing more.
In addition to a salary and superannuation, you’ll also receive 17.5% leave loading and access to the full $15,900 salary packaging benefits to increase your take home pay.
We also offer paid parental leave to eligible employees (up to 10 weeks for primary carers and up to 2 weeks for secondary carers). As well as offering a 10% discount on Kindergarten and Childcare at Uniting Early Learning Services.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Community Services, Welfare studies or relevant equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs and issues of individuals and families experiencing or at risk of homelessness
- Understanding to support clients and advocate on their behalf regarding their housing needs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as being able to work as part of a collaborative multi-disciplinary team
- Strong capability to liaise, network and refer to external agencies
How to apply
Apply today by submitting the following as part of your application and we’ll be in touch shortly:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications will be assessed as they come through and interviews may take place prior to applications closing so please do not delay in submitting your application.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Jay Church, Team Leader – Homelessness to a Home on 03 5144 7777.
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. We have a 5,000 strong workforce of employees and volunteers who deliver a diverse range of services across Victoria and Tasmania.
Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now