Family Safety Contact Worker
Job no: 509483
Work type: Permanent Part Time
Location: Goulburn North East
Categories: Child, Youth and Families
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- 2 X Part-time, Maximum term position until 30 June 2023 (with possibility of Extension)
- Based in Shepparton
About the opportunity
The purpose of this role is to support family safety contact work for the affected family members of men who attend the FVIP Men’s Behaviour Change program. The role includes safety planning, advocacy, referral and ongoing support once the men are allocated into a group.
To be successful in this role, you will have Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent qualification in line with the mandatory minimum qualification requirements for specialist family violence practitioners and;
- Demonstrated experience in providing individual counselling and support for women impacted by family violence.
- Demonstrated experience in comprehensive assessment.
- Experience in working with complex situations and the capacity to engage vulnerable clients.
- A demonstrated understanding of work with people from a CALD background.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully facilitating groups and workshops.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report writing skills.
- Intermediate computer skills, including use of Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Demonstrated understanding of the feminist framework
- An understanding of the key issues involved for women and children experiencing Family Violence.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below.
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications closes on Tuesday, 11 April 2023.
Get in touch
For more information or questions regarding the position, please contact;
Alison Harris, Team Leader on email@example.com
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now