Mental Health and Wellbeing Trainee
Job no: 508182
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: Melbourne South, Melbourne East, Ballarat, Wimmera, Gippsland, Goulburn North East
Categories: Mental Health
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- 8 X Full-time Maximum term position (12 months)
- Multiple Locations - Shepparton, Ballarat, Horsham, Prahran & Morwell
About the opportunity
Under the general guidance and direction the Mental Health and Wellbeing Trainees will be responsible for providing support for the day-to-day intake and assessment service functions.
Mental Health and Wellbeing Trainees will be supported with workplace supervision and relevant workplace training and education throughout the employment period.
The Mental Health and Wellbeing Trainee is a new role being trialed by the Victorian Government to encourage growth in the community mental health and wellbeing sector. The Mental Health and Wellbeing Trainee role will form part of an earn and learn model that will enable participants to complete mental health education whilst working in a community mental health service. Services will support participants in completing their education and developing a sound understanding of the community mental health sector through employment.
Click here to view position description
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Enrolment and satisfactory progress towards completion of Certificate IV in Mental Health
- Completion of National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Worker Orientation Module Certificate.
- Experience working in physical or wellbeing related disciplines such as yoga teaching, personal training, or sports coaching or artistic disciplines such as painting, drawing, and sculpting (desirable)
- Lived experience (as carer or consumer) of public mental health services (desirable)
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below.
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Friday, 07 April 2022
Get in touch
For more information or questions regarding the role, please reach out to:
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now