AOD Clinician, Mental Health Hub
Job no: 507218
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time, Maximum Term Part Time
Location: Melbourne North
Categories: Alcohol and Drugs
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full or Part Time, Maximum Term (until 30 June 2025)
- Whittlesea location
About the opportunity
The Mental Health and Wellbeing Service (MH&WS) is an innovative solution to deliver on the compelling vision outlined through the recommendations of the Royal Commission into Victoria's Mental Health System (RCVMHS). Neami is the key provider of this service, and the service will be delivered in partnership with Uniting and Drummond Street Services (Drummond St).
The Mental Health & Wellbeing Service will provide a ‘no wrong door’ approach and support members of the community to be connected to the right support. The service is designed to provide a holistic approach to care, addressing a range of social, physical, and emotional needs informed by the Collaborative Recovery Model (CRM).
The Mental Health & Wellbeing Service will have a strong focus on lived experience and will support a high engagement, multi-disciplinary team model.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Relevant Health and/or Welfare tertiary qualification
- Certificate IV level in AOD or have completed the core competencies (or able to complete within the first 2 years of employment.
- Competencies in dual diagnosis (or able to complete within the first 2 years of employment)
- Experience in the provision of assessment and counselling services preferably with people experiencing AOD or dual diagnosis.
- Experience in therapeutic approaches such as: Motivational Enhancement Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Coping Skills Training, Family Inclusive Practice, self-help groups, Community Reinforcement Approaches.
- Understanding of harm minimization approaches to the treatment and management of persons with a Dual Diagnosis (substance misuse and mental health issues)
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Wednesday 14 December 2022
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Sarah Jones, Manager – Integrated Clinical Practice on 0466 869 726.
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now