Bush Link Worker
Job no: 505328
Work type: Maximum Term Part Time
Categories: Child, Youth and Families, Early Learning
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Part time 3 days per week | Maximum term until 30 June 2023
- Based at Morwell or Warragul
About the opportunity
The Bush Link Program provides a mobile service to families living in rural, remote and geographically and/or socially isolated areas. The Program delivers a range of early learning sessions and support, including vacation care, playgroups, on-farm care, parenting support, toy libraries and parent resource libraries. The Program aims to improve access to appropriate quality children’s and family services to facilitate better support and access for families living in an area or situation that make access difficult.
As a Bush Link Worker, you will work together with families to strengthen relationships, enhance parenting skills, improve children’s wellbeing and increase participation in local communities. The Bush Link Worker will provide services in a way that promotes human dignity and creates conditions of social justice and equity.
View the full position description here: PD - Bush Link Worker.pdf
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having qualifications (or equivalent experience) in early childhood education and care or community services.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and actively engaging children and families
- Demonstrated knowledge of child development – ages and stages
- An understanding of occupational health and safety risks relevant to a remote service
- Proven ability to work autonomously in a self-managing team
- Capacity to work flexibly and innovatively to meet the needs of families, children and young people
- Current first aid and CPR certificates
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the person specification in the position description)
- Current resume
Applications close Thursday 18 August 2022
Get in touch
Linde Coggan – Senior Manager, Care & Placement Services
T: (03) 5144 7777
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now