Support Worker, Mental Health
Job no: 504827
Work type: Casual
Location: Melbourne South, Melbourne CBD
Categories: Mental Health
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Casual roles available in St Kilda
About the opportunity
The Engagement Hub has been developed to provide a space that is effective at engaging people living with serious mental illness and are homeless or socially isolated. The service provides a focus on engaging the most disadvantaged and marginalized members of the community.
The Support Worker provides support to participants who are experiencing mental health issues and have needs across many aspects of their lives including health care, homelessness, disability and social isolation. Employees need to be skilled and confident in working with people who have complex support needs, this includes managing challenging behaviors.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of Certificate IV in Mental Health or equivalent
- CPR, OHS (Fire Warden) certification or be willing to undertake
- Understanding and experience related to the needs and issues facing people experiencing severe and enduring mental illness
- Experience in the delivery of mental health services, site-based service an advantage
- Highly developed and effective interpersonal and communication skills – the capacity to listen and hear people’s stories and engage with participants, staff and external Agencies
- Physically able to be actively engaged within the program
- Current Australian Driver’s licence and willingness to drive a 12 seater van
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below.
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Wednesday 31 August 2022
Get in touch
For more information about the role and a confidential discussion, please contact Jodie Pappas, Team Leader – The Engagement Hub on 0429 092 153
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now