Youth Community Engagement Coordinator
Job no: 504423
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time, Permanent Part Time
Categories: Child, Youth and Families Residential Services
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full-time Maximum term position until 31 December 2023
- Based in Horsham, Flexible working arragements, Great team
About the opportunity
The Youth Community Engagement Coordinator encompasses two key focus areas of creating community connections for youth transitioning from the Out of Home Care system and development and coordination of the youth mentoring program. The position will identify pathways, resources and relationships within the community that can support young people to realise their aspirations, develop their strengths and achieve their goals. This role will be key in creating links between young people leaving care and their communities.
The position will also support Development Coaches from all Better Futures providers (Uniting Wimmera, Ballarat Group Training and Goolum Goolum) as a secondary consult to create and foster community connections. This role will involve networking, building relationships, collaborating, and educating Wimmera South-West service providers and the greater community.
Better Futures is a program that supports young people who have been in the statutory care system to transition into independence and adulthood. Better Futures is a new way of supporting care leavers, engaging with young people and their support networks, including case managers and care teams early in their transition from care, and supporting young people across 5 service offers: housing and living skills, education, employment, health and wellbeing and community connections.
Click here to view full position description.
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Welfare Work or Social Sciences, or less formal qualifications with significant industry experience, are desirable but not essential.
- Experience in working with young people with an Out of Home Care experience, working effectively in a care team situation and the ability to manage complex relationships and interactions.
- Experience supporting young people to grow and develop.
- Experience in working with traumatised young people.
- Experience in facilitating and leading group work with young people.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description).
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Get in touch
For more information or questions regarding the role, please contact Belinda Elliott Team Leader on 0466 934 401 or email@example.com
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now