Senior AOD Counsellor
Job no: 503691
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: Melbourne West, Melbourne CBD
Categories: Alcohol and Drugs
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Maximum Term (until June 2023)
- Based in Footscray
About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Senior AOD Counsellor to join our team based in Footscray. By joining our multi- disciplinary team, you will have an opportunity to further develop your clinical skills with a diverse group of participants both as an individual counsellor and group facilitator.
You will reduce AOD related harms to individuals and their families by conducting assessments and providing a range of counselling interventions to assist clients and their family members to change harmful behaviours and increase their capacity to effectively manage the problems they are experiencing associated with AOD use and promote recovery.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant health and or welfare Tertiary Qualification such as Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or Allied Health Sciences.
- Certificate IV in AOD or have completed the core competencies (or able to complete within the first 24 months of employment.
- Competencies in dual diagnosis (or able to complete within the first 24 months of employment).
- Experience in the provision of assessment and counselling services preferably with AOD or dual diagnosis clients.
- Experience in therapeutic approaches such as: Motivational Enhancement Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Coping Skills Training, Harm Minimization, Family Inclusive Practice, Trauma informed Practice, self-help groups, Community Reinforcement Approaches.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Thursday 02 June 2022
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Corinn Strating, Team Leader – Coordination and Support on 0427 165 793
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce in Victoria receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now