School Based Wellbeing Worker
Job no: 497239
Work type: Maximum Term Part Time
Categories: Child, Youth and Families
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Maximum Term, Part-time (0.20 Fte) position until 10 Dec 2021
- Based in Horsham
About the opportunity
The School Based Well Being Worker will work closely with wellbeing and allied health staff in schools to support students and their educational outcomes, staff, families and the wider school community.
Click here to view full position description.
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in human services, welfare or social services.
- Experience and a sound knowledge in the provision of care, management and support of young people and their families from varying socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds. This includes the provision of support and effective communication with young people, including those with special needs and challenging behaviors.
- Knowledge of theories and practices relevant to vulnerable or ‘at risk’ children, young people and their development and behaviour, including solid understanding of trauma and attachment.
- An understanding of the impacts of disability upon the child and family.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description).
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Thursday, 12 August 2021
Get in touch
For more information regarding the role, please contact Christine Barnett, Senior Family Service Practitioner on email@example.com or 0429 199 313.
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now