- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Based at Mount Waverley
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Team Leader to join the Home Based Care Program in our Eastern Melbourne Region. The Home Based Care Program delivers case management support to vulnerable children, young people, and their families in a foster care arrangement, and oversees the recruitment, supervision and ongoing support of volunteer carers.
As a Team Leader, you will provide effective leadership, supervision and support to a dedicated team of case managers, carer support workers and volunteers. The role will work closely with the Child, Youth and Family Preservation Manager to lead the delivery and ongoing development of high quality, consumer-focused services. The Team Leader will also contribute to carer recruitment and retention strategies to promote growth of the foster care program.
View the full position description here
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a Bachelor level degree in social work, psychology or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- Previous experience in the provision of supervision and mentoring support to staff, preferably within the child, youth and family welfare sector
- Sound knowledge of legislation and regulations relevant to the child, youth and family, and out of home care sectors
- Demonstrated ability to form effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- The ability to thrive in a busy work environment – being flexible in prioritising your workload to suit the needs of the program
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to foster a positive team culture
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current resume
Applications close Thursday 12 August 2021
Get in touch
Gillian Harris-Dawson – Manager, Child, Youth & Family Preservation
T: 0403 353 516 (during business hours)
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.