Store Manager - Retail
Job no: 496302
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Business and Social Enterprise
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full-time, Ongoing, Based in Geelong West
About the opportunity
The Store Manager – Retail will lead an engaged group of volunteers ensuring a dynamic and positive customer experience and that the new Geelong West store is operating in a highly professional manner. The Store Manager will maximise profits that will provide funds to be used in Uniting Programs supporting disadvantaged members of the Barwon community. The role will also include responsibility for assisting The Team Leader – Retail Barwon to achieve budgets, inventory sell through, recruitment, training and standards of retail operation.
View the full position description here
The ideal candidate will have:
- Values that align with those of Uniting
- A wish to be part of a safe, inclusive, collaborative, learning, can-do organisation
- A relevant tertiary qualification and or experience in a retail or related discipline
- Experience in customer service and dealing with the public (essential)
- Demonstrated knowledge of brands and fashion trends
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work with and manage volunteers
- High quality people skills
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Wednesday, 04 August 2021.
Get in touch
For more information or questions regarding the role, please reach out to Des Younghusband, Team Leader - Retail Barwon on 0417 354 515
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now