Orange Door Practitioner – Family Violence Practice Social Work Graduate Program
Job no: 496172
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Categories: Child, Youth and Families
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full-Time, Maximum Term until June 30 2022 (Part-Time negotiable)
- Based in Sale
About the opportunity
The Graduate Orange Door practitioner will work as part of a multidisciplinary team of practitioners to deliver high quality, safe and effective responses to children, young people and families experiencing family violence and families in need of support with the care, development and well-being of infants, children and young people.
The program will recruit over 50 new or recent graduates with social work (or similar) qualifications to work in a range of family violence roles across regional Victoria. Graduate roles include victim support, perpetrator, sexual assault and Aboriginal family violence services.
These positions are for 12 months, with funding available to contribute towards any moving costs.
You can view the full position description here
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related tertiary qualification relevant to child and family welfare
- A commitment to the family-centered approach and the family strengthening and empowerment models of practice
- An understanding of the ‘Best Interests’ framework , CYFA 2005 and Family Violence Protection Act 2008 is desirable
- An understanding of the gendered nature of family violence
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the following
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
- Address the Core selection criteria in the position description
Applications close Wednesday 28 June 2021
Get in touch
Tracey Donaldson – Senior Manager Children, Youth and Families (Morwell and Sale)
T: 03 5144 7777
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now