Case Worker - Starting Out
Job no: 496142
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: Melbourne East
Categories: Child, Youth and Families
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time | Maximum term until 27 February 2022 (indirect parental leave replacement)
- Based at Croydon
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate social worker to join our unique family services program, Starting Out. The program supports young people under 25yrs who are pregnant or parenting, and are experiencing complex issues that impact on parenting, family life and children’s wellbeing. Responding to referrals from Child FIRST, the program assists clients to enhance their parenting capacity through assertive outreach and group work.
In a typical day, a Starting Out Case Worker might:
- Use a creative approach to engage with a reluctant young family
- Build rapport to carry out a strengths and risk assessment in the client’s home or community
- Support a family to establish and reach identified parenting goals
- Build parenting skill, confidence and knowledge to support and promote their children's safety and wellbeing
- Support young people to parent to the best of their ability
View the full position description here
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to social work or psychology.
You will also have:
- A sound understanding of the Best Interests Case Practice Model and Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
- Demonstrated experience in assessing risk to babies, children and young people
- Demonstrated knowledge of age, stage and development (birth – 5yrs)
- Proven ability to plan and implement innovative strategies to successfully engage reluctant young families
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current resume
You will also be asked to address key selection criteria questions on the application form.
Applications close Thursday 24 June 2021
Get in touch
Rachel Hamilton – Team Leader, Starting Out
T: 0466 512 781 (during business hours)
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now