Children with Complex Needs Specialist Disability Practitioner
Job no: 496058
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: Melbourne East
Categories: Child, Youth and Families
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time | Initially maximum term until 30 June 2022
- Based at Croydon
About the opportunity
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Practitioner with experience in disability, psychology or social work fields to join our Outer East Child and Family Services Program. The Practitioner will provide intensive support to families of children who present with highly complex behaviours due to disability, and are in voluntary care or at risk of requiring care.
As a Complex Needs Specialist Disability Practitioner, you will:
- Undertake therapeutic assessments of children & families underpinned by a range of theoretical approaches
- Develop action plans for children & their families where complex disability support needs are identified
- Develop parenting strategies that will support strengthening and stabilising of the family
- Support families to navigate the NDIS
- Advocate for families to engage in identified disability services
View the full position description here
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a degree qualification in social work, psychology, disability or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- Previous experience working directly with children and young people with highly complex behaviours due to disability
- Demonstrated case management experience within the disability and/or child, youth and family welfare field
- Well-developed risk assessment and risk management skills
- A trauma informed and family strengthening case practice approach
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume
Applications close Monday 21 June 2021
Get in touch
Andrea Nash – Manager, Child and Family Services Outer East
T: 03 9724 2222
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now