Carer Support Worker
Job no: 495885
Work type: Permanent Part Time
Location: Melbourne South
Categories: Child, Youth and Families
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Permanent part time 3 days per week
- Based at Dandenong, with flexible working from home
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Carer Support Worker to join our Home Based Care Program. The program delivers support services to children and young people aged 0-18 years and their families in a foster care arrangement. The program supports clients in both voluntary and statutory foster care.
As Carer Support Worker, you will work as part of a committed team to deliver client-focused, trauma informed services to children, young people, their families and carers. The role will be responsible for the provision of ongoing support and supervision to accredited foster carers. The role will promote therapeutic parenting practices and support the training and development of carers.
View the full position description here
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a Certificate IV in Youth Work or equivalent qualification. A tertiary degree in Social Work or a related discipline would be advantageous.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience working with children and young people who have experienced past trauma and abuse
- Sound risk assessment and risk management skills
- An understanding of trauma informed care and therapeutic parenting practices
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as team and with other services to achieve positive client outcomes
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to maintain comprehensive case notes, consumer records and reports
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current resume
Applications close Sunday 20 June 2021
Get in touch
Monalisa Michielin – Manager, Adoption, Permanent & Home Based Care
T: (03) 8792 8999
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now