Job no: 495852
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Categories: Disability Services, Mental Health
- Full-time, Maximum term position until 30 June 2022
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Flexible work arrangements available
- Based in Ballarat
About the opportunity
The Team Leader, Western Support Coordination will manage the day-to-day operational requirements, work distribution and outputs of Disability Support Coordination services across multiple locations in compliance with legislative, regulatory and funding guidelines and Uniting policies and procedures.
The position is responsible for building effective teams through the engagement, supervision and development of employees within the relevant Programs / Services. It would be expected that the Team Leader will hold a smaller case load (to be determined) with the advice from the Senior Manager.
View the full position description here.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the ability to demonstrate and authentically promote Uniting’s values, together with:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in social work, community development and/or demonstrated experience in the provision of casework services in the health or welfare sector.
- Relevant experience in a human services, welfare or social services role
- Experience in leading and developing a diverse, engaged and cross-functional workforce focused on delivery of client outcomes
- Demonstrated staff supervision and leadership skills and ability to deal with challenging clients and complex issues
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please apply now uploading the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter outlining your suitability according to Key Selection Criteria (no more than one page)
- Current Resume (no more than three pages)
Get in touch
For more information or questions regarding the role, please contact Ivan Thorne, Senior Manager - AOD, Mental Health and Disability on 0438 661 296 or Ivan.Thorne@vt.uniting.org
Applications close on Thursday, 24 June 2021
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now