- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Flexibility of work hours and days per week.
- Paid travel time to services.
- Casual positions at Horsham, Warracknabeal, Hopetoun, Kaniva and Balmoral
- Add a variety of centres to your resume to enhance chances of future permanent employment.
About the opportunity
Due to increasing growth, we are seeking dedicated and knowledgeable educators for casual shifts at our services across the Wimmera. You will gain experience in different settings, learn new skills and enjoy working in a job which is flexible around your availability.
The Assistant/Qualified Educator will be responsible for ensuring all children and families attending the service are provided with a safe, stimulating and supportive environment. The position will include supervision and assistance to the Room Leaders and other qualified educators within the service to ensure practices and processes are consistent with regulatory compliance.
The Assistance Educator will monitor the day to day operation of the centre and provide feedback to Room Leaders and management to make informed decisions regarding the operation of the program.
Uniting’s rural childcare services, due to their small licensed numbers, allow for more meaningful relationships with the children, families from each of these services allowing you to become an integral part of each community.
Click here to view full position description
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Hold a minimum Certificate III or a Diploma in Children’s Services (working towards applicants will be considered)
- Hold a current Working with Children Check
- Hold a current HLTDAID004 First Aid and HLTDAID001 CPR
- Experience is preferable but not essential
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today by submitting the below as a part of your application:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Get in touch
For more information regarding the role, please contact Kate Farlow, Early Learning Coordinator on T: 03 5362 4000
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.